Monday, March 4, 2013

Reading Response #1

Book: Hary Potter and the Philosophers Stone
Author: J.K. Rowling
Pages Read: 7-18



    While I was reading Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone I came accross a few questions and comments. One of my questions were even though I saw the movie I find it strange how in the book the black cat was (what it seemed to be) watching Mr.Dursley and I was wondering, why?
As i kept reading i found out the cat was Professor McGonagall and she was waiting around to find out if that whatever everyone was saying wouldn't believe it untill Dumbledore came and told her it was true. But while she was waiting she also was watching the Dursley's to see if there were a fit family for harry.

    Another question I had was why was the news talking about all these shooting stars? And whhat do they mean? I later figured out while Dumbledore and Professor McGonagoll where talking was that the shooting sarts were the wizards celebrating. The were celebrating the Voldemort is finally gone, who has been alive ruining people's lives for eleven years and now he is gone for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment